For One Plate (8 pieces of Chicken Tikka)
For marinade of Tikka:-
1. Plain yoghurt (not juicy) ———————————-1 cup,
2. Lemon juice————————————————-2tbsp;
3 Red chilly powders——————————————1 tsp,
4. Ginger and Garlic paste————————————Each one tsp,
5. Coriander powder ——————————————1tsp,
6. Garam masala powder————————————–1tsp,
7. Salt———————————————————— to taste,
8. Panner paste————————————————–2 to 3 pieces,
9. Grated cheese————————————————as require,
Making of Gravy:-
10. Chapped tomatoes/puree———————————-3 to 4 number
11. Refine oil—————————————————-3to 4 tsp,
12. Garlic paste————————————————–5 cloves,
13. Cumin powder———————————————-1 tsp,
14. Coriander powder—————————————– 1 tsp,
15. Cream/ milk————————————————-1 cup,
16. Salt———————————————————- to taste,
17. Sugar———————————————————to taste,
18. Almond gravy paste—————————————3tsp,
Method of Preparation:-
1. First of all, cut the chicken into small pieces, wash it properly and drain, then put in to lime juice and mix it so that smell comes out from chicken.
2. Then grind all the ingredients into food processor for a well paste.
3. Then in a separate large bowl, pour all the ingredients, paste for the marinade, then add mix with plain yoghurt and mix well and then put the chicken pieces into it and then keep it aside at least one hour or may be refrigerated, but not necessary.
4. Then thread the chicken pieces into skewers properly so that they are balanced.
5. Then start to grill chicken into hot grill until it becomes golden brown colour and put the butter /or refine oil from time to time to make sure that chicken remain tendered and moist, and during grilling of chicken, be careful not to expose the chicken to direct heat and sometimes keep aside from heat of the hot grill and then again to heat the skewers make sure that it is not to be over cooked.
6. Then keep it aside skewers rack.
Making of Gravy:-
1. In a separate pan heat oil and put in chapped onion and fry it until they have brown color and then put in ginger garlic paste, chapped tomatoes or tomato puree and fry it properly then add or mix cumin powder , coriander powder, garam masala and almond gravy and cook. Gravy is made.
2. Then add or mix grilled chicken tikkas and stir it properly. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
3 Then add the cream / milk and stir it gently, and sometimes turn off direct flame.
4. So chicken tikka masala is ready and garnish the dish with fine chapped coriander leaf.
Tips: – The following points are to remember while making the Chicken Tikka Masala.
i. Wash chicken pieces properly. Put Lemon juice in to chicken and marinades it properly so that smell will be less.
iii. Adding of masala to be balanced.
iv. Style of handling of skewers to be maintained.
vi. Some people do not put the cheese and panner in to ingredient, adding them would enhance the taste and flavour of dishes.
vi. You can make chicken tikka by oven if do not have grill but taste will be little less
vii. You may or may not use of orange colour. This is up to you.
It is to mention that, the Chicken Tikka Masala is very popular to Indian people. It has been popularized in Europe and America too. The origin of chicken tikka masala is still disputed. It is said that it was created for the Mughal Emperors. Some claim that, the origin of the dish is belongs to Glasgow in Scotland. The creamy, spice tomato based dishes are most popular in British restaurants. However, this creamy, spicy and tasteful and flavored dish is popular all around the world.