Archive for July, 2010
For One Plate (8 pieces of Chicken Tikka)
For marinade of Tikka:-
1. Plain yoghurt (not juicy) ———————————-1 cup,
2. Lemon juice————————————————-2tbsp;
3 Red chilly powders——————————————1 tsp,
4. Ginger and Garlic paste————————————Each one tsp,
5. Coriander powder ——————————————1tsp,
6. Garam masala powder————————————–1tsp,
7. Salt———————————————————— to taste,
8. Panner paste————————————————–2 to 3 pieces,
9. Grated cheese————————————————as require,
Making of Gravy:-
10. Chapped tomatoes/puree———————————-3 to 4 number
11. Refine oil—————————————————-3to 4 tsp,
12. Garlic paste————————————————–5 cloves,
13. Cumin powder———————————————-1 tsp,
14. Coriander powder—————————————– 1 tsp,
15. Cream/ milk————————————————-1 cup,
16. Salt———————————————————- to taste,
17. Sugar———————————————————to taste,
18. Almond gravy paste—————————————3tsp,
Method of Preparation:-
1. First of all, cut the chicken into small pieces, wash it properly and drain, then put in to lime juice and mix it so that smell comes out from chicken.
2. Then grind all the ingredients into food processor for a well paste.
3. Then in a separate large bowl, pour all the ingredients, paste for the marinade, then add mix with plain yoghurt and mix well and then put the chicken pieces into it and then keep it aside at least one hour or may be refrigerated, but not necessary.
4. Then thread the chicken pieces into skewers properly so that they are balanced.
5. Then start to grill chicken into hot grill until it becomes golden brown colour and put the butter /or refine oil from time to time to make sure that chicken remain tendered and moist, and during grilling of chicken, be careful not to expose the chicken to direct heat and sometimes keep aside from heat of the hot grill and then again to heat the skewers make sure that it is not to be over cooked.
6. Then keep it aside skewers rack.
Making of Gravy:-
1. In a separate pan heat oil and put in chapped onion and fry it until they have brown color and then put in ginger garlic paste, chapped tomatoes or tomato puree and fry it properly then add or mix cumin powder , coriander powder, garam masala and almond gravy and cook. Gravy is made.
2. Then add or mix grilled chicken tikkas and stir it properly. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
3 Then add the cream / milk and stir it gently, and sometimes turn off direct flame.
4. So chicken tikka masala is ready and garnish the dish with fine chapped coriander leaf.
Tips: – The following points are to remember while making the Chicken Tikka Masala.
i. Wash chicken pieces properly. Put Lemon juice in to chicken and marinades it properly so that smell will be less.
iii. Adding of masala to be balanced.
iv. Style of handling of skewers to be maintained.
vi. Some people do not put the cheese and panner in to ingredient, adding them would enhance the taste and flavour of dishes.
vi. You can make chicken tikka by oven if do not have grill but taste will be little less
vii. You may or may not use of orange colour. This is up to you.
It is to mention that, the Chicken Tikka Masala is very popular to Indian people. It has been popularized in Europe and America too. The origin of chicken tikka masala is still disputed. It is said that it was created for the Mughal Emperors. Some claim that, the origin of the dish is belongs to Glasgow in Scotland. The creamy, spice tomato based dishes are most popular in British restaurants. However, this creamy, spicy and tasteful and flavored dish is popular all around the world.
Zanskar is the perfect trekking spots in the world. It is scenic beauty, beautiful Landscape, series of the white snow mountain; high peak, isolated village and variety of monasteries are great experience and are really unforgettable.
Basic course is required for trekking:-
Before you start of trekking, basic course is required to be needed, one can get wide experience before trekking. First aid will be helpful in this trekking. Get in touch in independent trek operators, especially local tour guide will be best in respect of trekking. To be learn, how to dealt with frostbite and extreme sun burn. One can contact with independent trek guide, about rate and discount. The trek guides will arrange group trekking and everything especially from mules to cook tents equipments, light foods water etc. The rate will be higher if you want trekking in smaller groups, and rate will be less if you trek with big groups. The best time in trekking from Zanskar is from the end of July to September.
Tips for carrying articles or goods: -
One must be carry good windcheater, backpack which is to be multiple pockets, padded shoulder strap, zipper closer good shoes, it’s made of hikers to give you comfortable and good support. Socks are to be thick and woolen which prevent your feet. Backpack must be a first aid kit, water bottle Swiss army knife. One must be topography map, compass, blanket and sweaters while you are trekking.
Start for trekking:-
Get to be started from Manali and head northwest into the Lahaul valley after crossing the 13,051-feet high “Rohtang Pass” you will reach “Darcha’, a small village, and this the starting point for trek to Zanskar. before trekking the trek guide will prepare which will be essentials for with them and to make sure that all of them get ready for trekking for the next few days or one week to be continue until to achieving the main target, and this to be big challenge for them, one must be confident and determined for facing challenge in any cost. The first challenge trekking the first great pass, which is ‘Shingo La’ it is about 16,699 feet above sea level. After that you can camp at various places near the “ Jhankar Nala River ’, and it is the first camp in Zanskar, then you can pass the fields of wild flowers on the way to the village of Kargyk . You can enjoy ‘Phutkal Gompa” is a beautiful monastery. After that, you can trek to “Phuktal’ and there are another beautiful monastery which is carved into walls of cave. Next to be rest of “Mune”, it is village with 200year old monastery. Finally you can reach “Padum’. It is a capital of Zanskar. There are 17th- century Bardan Gompa. From there, you can take the road of Kargil, and you can relax in Kargil and to get some experience for visiting entire day in Kargil. Next you can start trek through plains, riners gorges .You can rest a day at “Lingshed’ village and enjoy to visit temple which has been built into mountainside. Next is to start trekking and reach the ‘Hanuman La Pass’ which is about 16,240 feet. Next, you can trek village and valleys and reach ‘Singe La’ at 16,568 feet, you climb over the steep pass and downing into a broad valley, then to trek Photaskar, a village at the base of the mountains.
The final and last stage of the trek is the downing to ‘Hanupatta village” you will take through a river gorge to Wanla. From Wanla you reach Lamayuru, and it is one of the largest and oldest monasteries in Ladakh. Visit to Lamayuru monasteries for purifying your mind. One can visit to Leh, and shopping for carpets, pashmina shawls from Kashmir, jewelry from Tibet , Thangka paintings, prayer wheels, music bowls etc.
How to reach there:-
By Rail:- Jammu is the nearest rail station. Or take the Shatabdi express from Delhi to Chandigarh and take buses for Manali, or take the Srinagar route to Leh. To stay overnight at Manali and visit to 1000- year- old Dhoongri Temple . You can reach Leh by air from Delhi .
Method of Preparation:-
1. Grated Chinese cabbage————————-50 gram,
2. Grated carrot—————————————50gram,
3. French bean (cut into small pieces) ————5 to 6 number,
4. Green chilies (chapped) ————————–2 to 3 pieces,
5. Spring onion (chapped) ————————–1 to 2 pieces,
6. Garlic without peel (cut into small pieces) —-3 to 4pieces,
7. Refined oil——————————————50 gram,
8. Soya sauce——————————————1tsp,
9. Cornflour powder———————————-as require,
10. Salt————————————————-to taste,
11. Sugar———————————————- 1 tsp,
12. Ajinomoto—————————————–a pinch.
13. Soda powder————————————–1/2 tsp or as require,
Method of Preparation:-
I. First of all wash cabbage, French bean and carrot.
2. Then squeeze the water out from cabbage, carrot and bean.
3. Then in a separate medium size bowl mix carrot, cabbage, and French bean and then mix corn flour powder and then chopped chilies and put salt and soda powder to it, then marinate it properly.
4. After marinated, to make small round balls.
5. In pan to put refine oil and heat oil properly and start deep fry balls till it will be golden brown colour, drain oil and keep aside the ball in a bowl or on white paper.
6. In a separate pan/ kadhai put oil and heat oil properly.
7. Then put slice onion, green chilies, and garlic and fry it properly.
8. Then add water, salt, white pepper powder, sugar, soya sauce and make it boil.
9. Then the dissolve the corn flour powder with water and stir it and make it gravy then add the fried ball into gravy and allow cooking 4 to 5 minutes and keeping aside from the pan.
10. Serve it with fresh chopped coriander leaf.
Chinese Chicken Manchurian
Ingredients for the Chicken Manchurian:-.
*Chicken (bone/boneless) ——————————————— 1 kg,
*Ginger paste————————————————————-as required,
*Soya sauce—————————————————————25to 30 grams,
*ginger paste————————————————————–as required,
*Garlic paste ———————————————————— 10 to 20 gram,
*Onion———————————————————————2to 3 long slice onion,
*Cornflower powder—————————————————–100 to 200 gram.
*Beaten egg————————————————————— 2 number,
*Bell pepper—————————————————————1 piece to cut into small, size.
*Chilly sauce————————————————————–as required to taste,
*Salt &sugar————————————————————– to taste,
*Black pepper powder—————————————————-a pinch,
*Chicken stock————————————————————1 to 2 cup,
Methods of preparation:-.
i. At first to wash chicken properly.
ii. Then cut in chicken in small round pieces,
iii. Then mix the conrflour powder or all purpose use of flour, beaten egg, ginger and garlic paste, salt and a little chili powder, and it is marinate extensively so that it will be just like gravy/ paste
iv. Then put the small round pieces chicken into paste or gravy in which is already made it and then allow it 10 to 15 minutes,
v. Then in a separate pan put the oil and heat it properly and then fry the marinated chicken until it will be brown colour and fried chicken keep aside from the pan.
vi. Then one or two big spoon (preferably used in Chinese kitchen) of oil to put into pan and heat oil properly then put slice onion, bell pepper, and little amount of ginger and garlic pieces and soya sauce and chili sauce or little amount of tomato sauce and shirr it properly if necessary to put little fresh water / chicken stock and allow to boil to10 to 15 minutes.
vii. Then put or add fried chicken pieces to the boiling mixture and also put chicken stock as require and stir it properly.
viii. Then put the ajinomoto, fresh chopp coriander leaf and taste it whether is it require to salt or sugar and remove it from the pan and serve it with steam rice or noodle.
It is here to be noted that, some people says that, taste of dishes depend upon the quantity of the ingredients but my opinion is that any items or dishes of taste and flavour is depend upon the art of cooking.